Bentham Medical Practice
Thursday 27th June 2019 7:00pm
Present: Lorraine Crossley –Close, Danny Conroy, Judith Nicol, Bronwen Osborne, Tony Hudson, Diane Faraday-Williams and Lindsae Lister.
- Apologies: Sharon Rucastle, Gerda Southwell, Lin Barrington, Andrea Tuohy, Sandra Kay and Jill Noble
- The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 17th April and the AGM minutes were approved.
- Matters Arising
- The Dementia Friendly Group coffee morning is to be held on 31st August between 10 and 12.
- At a recent UHMBT governors’ meeting the Butterfly Scheme was mentioned. When someone with Dementia is admitted to hospital, they are given the option of joining the Butterfly scheme. The butterfly scheme involves a discrete butterfly being displayed above the patients’ bed and on their records so that staff are made aware that the person may need extra care and attention.
- Autistic Passports were also discussed. These documents state the concerns they have to help improve treatment. We could approach UHMBT about passports for dementia patients – these would not be as detailed.
- We have received an email from a patient interested in the PRG but no further correspondence as yet. Hopefully more will follow as it is important to add to the group in experience and age.
- Surgery Update
- The interviews for the replacement nurse took place today.
- Dr Martin has started and will be working Thursday and Friday.
- We need to discuss the views of the PRG on continuity of care at the next meeting.
- Lorraine went to the AGM of the Dementia Friendly Group and has a spare membership if anyone in the group is interested.
- The new phone system is now in place and there has been positive feedback so far.
- The surgery has new chairs and the old chairs have been taken to the Victoria Institute.
- Questionnaires will be in autumn this year.
- Tony Hudson
- An improvement to the MyGP app was suggested by inclusion of the Day as well as the Date. Hopefully this suggestion can be passed on to the developers of the app.
- A brief discussion took place on the benefits of different methods of ear irrigation – microsuction versus direct water and syringe method. Tony felt that the former method was less painful and caused less discomfort. The cost and implications of this were not known and would be discussed at a later date when Jonathan was present.
- Next Agenda
- Lorraine to report on the various organisations she is a member of.
- PRG thoughts on Continuity of care
Any further items for the next agenda to Danny at least 1 week before the next meeting.
Please note the Times for the next meetings:
5th September– 7:00pm
7th November – 2:00pm