September climate strike

Welcome Forums Environment September climate strike

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Annie Neligan Annie Neligan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim Fearon
    Tiggs
    Participant

Firstly, great idea to have a local forum like this. I’m all for encouraging Bentham Council to declare a Climate Emergency in support of Craven Council’s declaration (see your latest Bentham News!), and the article in there regarding the Churches’ response to the crisis is also very interesting and encouraging. There is a week of worldwide action planned from September 20th to 27th, and I’ve been trying to think of ways in which the people of Bentham could show their support for the young activists (who, after all, are the ones who are set to inherit our mess) in their attempts to shift governments into action. So when I saw the forum, I thought maybe there’s someone out there with a brilliant idea (or two or three)? Thank you.

Annie Neligan
    Annie Neligan
    Participant

Here’s a couple of suggestions …

On 20th September, the day of the Global Strike for action on the climate emergency, people might like to go to Lancaster and support the students who are on strike that day and gathering at Dalton Square LA1 1PL at 11:00 AM

or to join a solidarity action in Bentham. We’re going to meet on Main Street, outside the Coach House at 11.00 am, with a stall, placards, a petition to the town council about the climate emergency, cake – and any other ideas you can bring along to catch people’s attention and involve them in action.

Everyone welcome to join us whether you are on strike or not and whatever your age – Hope to see lots of you there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.